Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Say it-it's Fun!-Dubbel Donker!

Our next Dark Seasonal will go on tap Thursday, May 29th. Dubbel Donker(say: Doo-bull Donker/Translation: Double Dark). Here's the 411:

This style of dark Belgian ale is hard to find here in the states. In fact, we might be the first US brewery to brew one(correct me if I'm wrong). Brewed with Belgian pale, black, special B and chocolate malts, dark Belgian candi sugar and a blend of secret spices. Fermented with a Trappist monastery brewery yeast and aged a good long time. A strong ale best enjoyed in moderation.
7.7% ABV

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Chris, that sounds delicious. I just brewed a belgian blonde... my first belgian. We'll have to see how it turns out. It's taking forever in the primary.

brewboy said...

Belgian yeasts can be finicky. I'm sure it will be fine.