Wednesday, October 3, 2007

From the Land of Amber Waters...


I wanted to give you all a heads up on a new book soon to be released. "Land of Amber Waters" is a coffee table style book written by Doug Hoverson. The book covers the rich history of brewing in Minnesota. I got a chance to look at it at the Autumn Brew Review and it's a keeper folks. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to talk to Doug about it. I am a bit of a history nut (my father was a history teacher) and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

Doug will be doing a presentation and book signing at Summit Brewing Thursday, October 25th, 7-9pm. Sounds like there will be free brew and music. Wish I could make it, but I have tickets to the Fred Eaglesmith concert here in town.

This book is long overdue, so be sure to check it out at your local book seller.
I got the brew house walls scrubbed today. The basement has been primered and painting will soon follow. Carpet is due to be installed on the 22nd. Lots of progress.

No comments: