Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Busy Week


Lets see...

Filtering the next batch of amber tomorrow...

Brewing Thursday and Cannery Row is playing at the Federal Building Downtown...

Friday is brew house cleaning and Cannery Row plays McCann's downstairs at 7pm...

Saturday Cannery Row plays Hop Fest at the Brau Brothers Brewery at 2pm. Is it worth a road trip to Lucan? Yes, yes it is. http://www.braubrothersbrewing.com/

The family then heads of for some camping that night and some R&R.

Sunday we plan on visiting some historic sites from the Dakota uprising. I got the idea a few months ago to write a song about the mass execution of native peoples in Mankato, a result of the uprising. I have been doing some research and like any war this one was full of sorrow. While other songs I have wrote just kinda hit me in the head and write themselves fairly quickly, this one has really been a struggle. It's a complicated subject matter to say the least. Hopefully I'll get closer to the goal Sunday when we actually visit some of the locations of the uprising. I have always felt a spiritual connection to the native people of Minnesota and I want to represent them in the right manner, and still be respectful of all the victims-a difficult balance.

No comments: