Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Hawk is My Co-Pilot

I was out mountain biking the Jail Trail today when suddenly I heard a bird calling as it flew over my head. I stopped and looked up in the trees to see a broad winged hawk perched looking down at me. Cool. As I rode away and got farther from the hawk, it vocalized again, flew and landed in another tree close to me. This went on about ten times as he followed me through the woods. It was probably protecting it's territory, but I'd like to think it was along for the ride. Raptors rule!

3 comments:

Kyia said...

Were you in the sport loop area, I heard quite a ruckus when I was out there, I thought for sure it was a bird protecting it's territory (nest), but never saw the bird...? Cool! Hawks, Fox's, it's all there next to a MTB trail, who would of thunk?

brewboy said...

Not sure where the sport loop is? I was on the first loop before the bridges when this happened. Is there a fox? That would be cool also. I was looking for a nest, but didn't see one.

Lisa Zahn said...

I'd have been scared to death! I have a fear of birds flying at me or watching me--thanks to Alfred Hitchcock. It's nice to read your perspective...